Tuesday, February 19, 2013

This Weeks Progress


I continued on the tempered glass….there is a lot to go. Dancers head is on…have to do her hair. Made an aluminum foil template for her skirt…I will have to make an armature for that, even with that I will use a lot of apoxie sculpt.



Worked on the brocade for the front of the shoe…only a little more to do. Took me all day!

I need to work on the dancers hair. She’s kind of homely, hopefully I can pretty her up a little. I worked on the skirt a little, just played around with the aluminum foil. I want to make this look very poufy underneath, and have a very structured top layer. I also have to order more red mirror glass for the skirt and the ribbon at the top of the shoe.

Tempered Glass....Oh My!!!

This week has been glass week…there is a lot of area to be covered with tempered glass…so that’s what I’m doing.


The tempered glass is nice because it goes so smoothly around the curves on the shoe, also when the sunlight comes through the window and hits it...its like a disco ball sending rays of light all over the room.


Here is the back of the shoe...I painted the shadow of the dancer...I'd like the shoe to seem to be somewhat translucent.

The following are some detail shots of the brocade area with the
tempered glass.




I have almost half of the tempered glass on, I will be continuing that this week. I am eager to continue work on the dancer and get started on the ribbon.

Glass on!!!

3 comments:

  1. So much fun watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,

    I'm enjoying your blog so much. The shoe is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mosaicwench and Dianne!! Glad you are enjoying this! :)

    ReplyDelete