Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Little by little...


Sculpting


Today I started back with the Apoxie Sculpt. I find when her right arm is put right up against the shoe form, she looks rather awkward. So I am letting this come up a little. This arm will definitely need more support, so when I get her head on, I will be able to extend her hair to go under the arm and give it support that way. This ballerina will not be wearing a bun…she will have long flowing hair…of course all of my dancing ladies have wild hair!!


Here she is...still bald and naked, but that will change. I need to make an armature for her skirt, the bodice of her dress will be bead mosaic, and she definitely needs hair!

More on the shoe...


I also continued working on the brocade for the front of the shoe…only a little more to do. Took me all day, I also started on the dancers hair. She’s kind of homely, hopefully I can pretty her up a little. I worked on the skirt a little, just played around with the aluminum foil. I need to make this look very poufy underneath, and have a very structured top layer. I also have to order more red mirror glass.


This is the brocade work on the toe of the shoe, partially done.


Here is what I have done so far...that's aluminum foil, just to give me something to  get the shape of the skirt the way I want it. I have to be careful so it does not stick out too much. I do like the way the shadow of her leg looks, just like she is stepping out of the shoe!!


2 comments:

  1. You are so generous to share this experience with us. Thank you so much for the inspiration and information!

    ReplyDelete