Friday, February 8, 2013

Here is my shoe!!

I now have my shoe...I can't wait to get started...




Now the work begins!!!

First things first....a nice coat of primer and check for any blemishes or pinholes in the surface. This shoe is in really good shape, very clean no dents or dings!

Sunday, February 3

I am working on the armature for the dancer. It’s coming along. I made her in pieces and it’s taped on so I can get the position correct before I attach it with Apoxie Sculpt.


Monday, February 4

The next step will be to use Apoxy Clay to sculpt around the armature. I will sculpt the base for her skirt after I complete her body.



I wrapped the armature with Apoxi sculpt and attached it to the front. Still have to do the arms and head. She is a little lumpy so I will have to do some sanding. I'm just about out of Apoxie Sculpt so I ordered more. In the meantime, I will be working on the back of the shoe.

Tuesday, February 5

Since I have to wait for more Apoxie Sculpt, I have decided that I can work on the back of the shoe, so I painted the shoe red...I love the color.

You can see here where I've started the brocade.



Wednesday February 6

Curved surfaces are always interesting. Some of the glass petals in the brocade will not lie flat so I had to cut them to get them to follow the curve of the shoe.


 I LOVE the ball chain, very easy to use and I love the clean lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment