Friday, February 1, 2013

Saratoga En Pointe...continued



My Plan


After prepping and priming the surface of the pointe shoe, the first step will be to create the figure. For this I will use Apoxy Clay to sculpt the figure. I have used Apoxy Clay for smaller pieces, this will be the largest that I have done.
The shoe will be mosaic. I will use mostly tempered glass, but I have been thinking about incorporating some red mirror tile into the design. I will mosaic the dancers’ dress, the bodice will be bead mosaic, the skirt will be layered stained glass. I have a vision! I can’t wait to get started!!!


My Materials

Here are the materials I have been collecting this month to use on my shoe. Apoxy Sculpt, Liquitex Basics Acrylic paint, Mac Glue, GE Silicone, Laticrete Spectralock Epoxy Grout, Ball Chain, Gold Glitter tiles, Iridescent Crimson Gold tiles and tempered glass. I will also use red stained glass.



Look at these beautiful gold glitter tiles and this ballchain, this is going to be the trim on the shoe, It will compliment the red glass beautifully!

Tonight's the Night!!!

Tonight I will attend a cocktail party, with 23 artists, at the National Museum of Dance to meet our sponsors. And tonight I will bring home my shoe and get started on my creation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment