Thursday, January 28, 2016

Continuing the Fort Plain Mural

Our first day of mosaic



Here is the start of the mosaic. The glass was precut for the students, they are very young, 4th grade! I cut the glass for specific areas of the mosaic, labeled each piece for placement, the taped the pieces to a piece of cardboard. I bagged the smaller pieces. Then I brought it all to Mrs. Slaweinski's Art Room at the school, where I worked with 6 to 8 students at a time to put the mosaic together.


The kids were so excited about working on this and their excitement grew as the mosaic came together and they were able to visualize and recognize the historic sites of their home town.

At the day's end, I left the unfinished mosaic in the capable hands of Ms. Slaweinski. She continued the work with the students until my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment