Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fort Plain Mosaic

Finishing!

On my last visit, we working on finishing the mosaic. The students worked diligently and were so focused on the project…I was impressed!

It is coming along beautifully!


Here I am, working with some of the students.


Great progress has been made!

The mosaic is almost complete. The students will finish this during their art class and then I will grout it. I will be using two colors of grout, charcoal and medium gray.  In these photos, the tile edge is taped off to protect it from the glue and keep it clean. This was one of my biggest challenges…9 year olds have difficulty controlling the adhesive…too much, too little, sometimes more on top of the glass and not enough on the bottom. For this reason, I will be using an epoxy grout because it has adhesive qualities.


No comments:

Post a Comment