Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tutu time!

The dancer's tutu will be red stained glass and under is gold seed beads 


Here you can see where I've started applying the glass. I like the way it compliments the seed beads. I am using GE II silicone to apply the glass and I have sprinkled it with some glitter to give it some sparkle...can't really see it in the photos.


For the top part of the skirt, I used Apoxy Sculpt and beads to make a petal detail, this covers the uneven edges of the glass.


I use the same method to create the bodice. I really love the beadwork and it works so well, pressing the beads into the Apoxy Sculpt.


I just have to clean it up and them move on to finishing the edges of glass on the skirt.

Stay Tuned!!!




2 comments:

  1. We ARE crazy, aren't we - for doing these giant mosaics?? I adore yours; really, truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Definitely crazy!!! I guess it truly is a labor of love!!! AND your guitar is absolutely amazing!!!!! I'm also enjoying watching your progress!

      Delete