Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Changing gears!


I am glad to have the tempered glass completed and it's good to move on to a different part of this.

Making the Skirt Armature

I’m working on the skirt form. This is so hard, I can’t believe it…I started using some thin cut Styrofoam and cut out skirt sections. I want it to look really structured and want to use the styrofoam for an armature.

I dumped the styrofoam and switched to foam board.
After I get this form together I will cover it in apoxy sculpt and attach it to the dancer. Then I will fill in underneath to make it look poufy under a structured top.



I attached the skirt armature to the dancers body using apoxy sculpt. I am filling in under the skirt with aluminum foil to take up most of the bulk, and using mastic to fill in the lower part that will show by layering it with styrofoam to keep the structure and to keep it light. 



I want to do this in layers so that the mastic will harden. This will all be covered with Apoxy Sculpt so that it will be completely water proof. I will be cutting red stained glass for the upper part of the skirt. I will mosaic the underskirt with gold beads, (a variety of sizes and tones to give a crinoline effect)


Here is the skirt covered with Apoxy Sculpt, You can see the structure under the skirt still not complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment